Awards & Certifications
When you entrust your conference or association to Meeting Expectations' certified professionals, you can be confident that they are fully qualified to provide consistently excellent results. Our certified professionals undergo continued professional training and education to ensure they are up to date with the latest advances in event planning and association management, and to continue to develop the art and science of those disciplines.
We take great pride in the awards and recognition we have received for the quality of our work, and we are active in a number of industry organizations.
Meeting Expectations is a proud member of the following organizations:
- ASAE (American Society of Association Executives)
- GSAE (Georgia Society of Association Executives)
- CIC (Convention Industry Council)
- IAEE (International Association of Exhibitions and Events)
- MPI (Meeting Professionals International)
- MPI-CAC (Meeting Professionals International – Chicago Area Chapter)
- SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management)
- IFA (International Franchise Association)
- Green Meetings Industry Council (GMIC)
- Georgia State University Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration, 40 Outstanding Alumni, 2013
- IAEE Art of the Show Award, Signage & Decoration, 2012
- IAEE 20 Under 30 Recognition, 2012
- Corporate Meetings & Incentives Magazine "CMI 25": The Top 25 Largest and Most Influential Corporate Meeting Companies, 2007 – 2012
- Atlanta Business Chronicle "Best Places to Work in Atlanta," 2011, 2012
- Convention South Meeting Planners to Watch, 2008 – 2012
- IAEE Outstanding Achievement in Marketing and Sales, Show Management, 2010
- GSAE Stephen Styron Award, 2010
- American In-House Design Award, Graphic Design USA, 2009 – 2011
- GaMPI Phoenix Awards, President’s Award, 2008
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, Atlanta’s Best Places to Work 2011, 2012
- Corporate Meetings & Incentives Magazine “CMI 25” Largest and Most Influential North American Meeting Planning Companies 2007 - 2012
- IAEE Outstanding Achievement in Sales and Marketing - Show Management 2008
- IAEE Art of the Show Award - Outstanding Sponsorship Development Program; Honorable Mention Attendance Promotion Campaign 2011
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
To establish a standard of excellence in meeting and exposition planning, the Convention Industry Council (CIC), a governing body comprised of more than 30 organizations in the meeting planners industry, developed the "Certified Meeting Professional" (CMP) designation. For more than ten years, the CIC has defined new standards of professionalism through the CMP program.
A meeting planner's CMP designation illustrates their commitment to continuing education and industry involvement, and recognizes them for their professional experience and the successful completion of an academic test. Meeting Expectations encourages all of our meeting planners to become CMPs, and provides assistance for them to achieve and maintain this designation. We believe that the discipline and knowledge required to achieve certification result in qualified staff of meeting planners suited to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Certified Association Executive (CAE)
The "Certified Association Executive" (CAE) designation is earned through a program developed by the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and is designed to elevate professional standards, enhance individual performance and designate meeting planning professionals who demonstrate the knowledge essential to the practice of association management.
Founded in 1960, the CAE program stands as a mark of excellence for meeting planners and has evolved to reflect what it takes to manage an association in today's challenging climate.