awards & affiliations
To maintain our leadership position in the event and association industries, we believe in continuous improvement. We routinely raise the bar and evolve our skills and services to deliver on our promise of innovation and excellence. Meeting Expectations consistently achieves industry recognition symbolic of our 27 years of growing influence – an advantage you’ll enjoy when we represent your interests as our client.
Meeting Expectations is a proud member of the following organizations:
- AMA (American Marketing Association)
- ASAE (American Society of Association Executives)
- CSAE (Colorado Society of Association Executives)
- GSAE (Georgia Society of Association Executives)
- CIC (Convention Industry Council)
- IAEE (International Association of Exhibitions and Events)
- MPI (Meeting Professionals International)
- MPI-CAC (Meeting Professionals International – Chicago Area Chapter)
- PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association)
- SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management)
- IFA (International Franchise Association)
- Green Meetings Industry Council (GMIC)
- Senior Planners Industry Network (SPiN)
- MPI Georgia President’s Award
- Corporate Meetings & Incentives Magazine “CMI 25”: The Top 25 Largest & Most Influential Corporate Meeting Companies
- IAEE Art of the Show Award, Attendee/Booth Interaction
- Atlanta Business Chronicle “Best Places to Work in Atlanta”
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work Partnership Award, National Sales Network
- SHRM EXCEL Platinum Award, presented to Meeting Expectations-managed and led chapter Mile High SHRM
- SHRM EXCEL Platinum Award, presented to Meeting Expectations-managed and led state council Colorado SHRM State Council
- ConventionSouth Meeting Professionals to Watch
- American Inhouse Design Awards, Graphic Design USA
- International College of Dentists (ICD) Platinum Pencil Award for Outstanding Creative and Effective Use of Graphics, Illustrations and Design
- SHRM EXCEL Silver Award, presented to Meeting Expectations-managed and led SHRM chapter
- MPI-CAC President’s Award
- MPI RISE Award, presented to Meeting Expectations-managed and led chapter MPI-CAC
- Association TRENDS All Media Contest, Exhibitor Sales Kit, Gold Medal
- Georgia State University Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration, 40 Outstanding Alumni
- IAEE Art of the Show Award, Signage & Decoration
- IAEE 20 Under 30 Recognition
- American In-House Design Award, Graphic Design USA
- IAEE Outstanding Achievement in Marketing and Sales, Show Management
- GSAE Stephen Styron Award
- IAEE Art of the Show, Sponsorship Development Program
CERTIFIED MEETING PROFESSIONAL (CMP)
To establish a standard of excellence in meeting and exposition planning, the Convention Industry Council (CIC), a governing body comprised of more than 30 organizations in the meeting planners industry, developed the “Certified Meeting Professional” (CMP) designation. For more than ten years, the CIC has defined new standards of professionalism through the CMP program.
A meeting planner’s CMP designation illustrates their commitment to continuing education and industry involvement, and recognizes them for their professional experience and the successful completion of an academic test. Meeting Expectations encourages all of our meeting planners to become CMPs, and provides assistance for them to achieve and maintain this designation. We believe that the discipline and knowledge required to achieve certification result in qualified staff of meeting planners suited to exceed the expectations of our clients.
CERTIFIED ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVE (CAE)
The “Certified Association Executive” (CAE) designation is earned through a program developed by the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and is designed to elevate professional standards, enhance individual performance and designate association professionals who demonstrate the knowledge essential to the practice of association management.
Founded in 1960, the CAE program stands as a mark of excellence for association executives and has evolved to reflect what it takes to manage an association in today’s challenging climate.
CERTIFIED IN EXHIBITION MANAGEMENT (CEM)
The Certified in Exhibition Management ™ (CEM) designation is a globally recognized designation that demonstrates the highest professional standard throughout the exhibition and event management arena. It was first created 1975 to raise professional standards in the event industry and it continues to be the premier mark of professional achievement.