Kowana Ragland, CMP
Director of Meetings
As director of meetings, Kowana Ragland, CMP, works within the meeting planning business unit to manage client engagements and provide strategic direction. Since joining Meeting Expectations in November 2000, she has done extensive work within both the meeting planning and association management sectors.
Kowana holds a Bachelor of Science in business administration from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Prior to joining Meeting Expectations, Kowana worked at the International Society of Automation (ISA), an organization serving instrumentation, systems and automation professionals.
- Kowana holds the designation of Certified Meeting Professional (CMP).
She served on the 2009–2010 board of directors of Meeting Professionals International - Georgia Chapter as vice president of education. She is currently a member and served as VP of Communications for the Atlanta Branch of the Senior Planners Industry Network (SPiN) and a member of PCMA (SE Chapter).
Ragland was named a "Meeting Professional to Watch" by ConventionSouth magazine in 2009 and had the honor of having her photo on the cover.
- Why Do I Love Events and Associations?
“I love events because I like to see the conference evolve from the planning phase to on-site execution. Getting to travel and meet new people is a bonus.”
- What Inspires Me?
“I’m inspired by positivity. My granny always said that frowns make wrinkles and smiles make dimples. So, smiling comes naturally especially when you’re around positive people.”
- Fun Facts
- In her free time, Kowana enjoys watching reality TV. She’s not afraid to admit it!
- Kowana is a NFL fan and cheers for both the Falcons and the Panthers even though they are rivals.
- Kowana is really close to her family and moved back to NC to spend more time with them.